2-Day Course (November 21st and 22nd, 2017)
This Agile Marketing training course will teach you to apply Agile philosophy to Marketing in order to get more done, adapt to change and see measurable results.
Marketers today are challenged by many things – the speed of change, adoption of new technologies, the increasing empowerment of buyers, and limited resources. Despite these challenges, traditional marketing planning and execution has not changed much in more than 50 years. It’s not enough to simply adopt new marketing tools (Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, etc.) while still following the same old way of doing business.
In this Agile Marketing training course we will explore why conventional methods of managing marketing no longer work, and why Agile Marketing, inspired by Agile software development, helps marketing teams get more done and adapt quickly to changing marketing requirements. We will explain the principles, processes, terminology and tools of Agile Marketing. We will provide real-world examples of how teams are using Agile Marketing today, and discuss how to inspire and organize marketers for maximum effectiveness in Agile Marketing teams.
We’ll also cover some practicalities of implementing Agile Marketing in organizations, including transitioning to it, sustaining it, what can go wrong (and how to avoid it), selling it into the organization and the impact of Agile Marketing on your budgeting process.
By the end of the course, you should know how to introduce Agile Marketing into your organization and start implementing it. Even if you’ve gone through generic Agile training before, if it wasn’t focused on Agile Marketing, you’ll learn a lot!
In this Agile Marketing Training Course You Will Learn How To:
- Create a buyer persona
- Describe each persona’s buyer’s journey
- Tailor your marketing model to your buyers
- Organize your marketing work by strategic priorities
- Use relative estimation for predictable performance
- Use Kanban for lean, just-in-time planning and execution
- Use Scrum for adaptive and iterative planning and execution
- Involve and deliver tangible results to executives and sales leaders
- Measure effectiveness in ways that stakeholders understand
- Transition into Agile Marketing
- Effectively budget for marketing without a 12-month plan
Agile Marketing has been identified as one of the top trends to watch by Gartner, Forrester, eConsultancy and others. And while anyone can find the basic values and principles of Agile Marketing at www.agilemarketingmanifesto.org, there is a wide degree of variation in how organizations implement Agile Marketing. This course is unique in that it combines coverage of Agile Marketing concepts as well as a concrete explanation of how to implement it using Scrum specifically tailored for marketing teams.
Overall Agile Marketing Course Methodology
This Agile Marketing training course will be a mixture of lectures and labs. The labs include building a buyer persona and marketing model, organizing a backlog, using relative estimation, sprint planning, and executing a sprint.
Top Ten Reasons to Take This Agile Marketing Course
- You will increase the productivity of your marketing team
- Your marketing will have greater alignment with the business and sales goals of the organization
- The impact and value of marketing will be more visible to the rest of the organization
- You will prioritize the most important items and stop doing stuff that doesn’t have an impact on revenue or customer satisfaction
- You will adapt to change more quickly
- You will be able to provide clear measurements of the impact of marketing
- You will beat your competitors that are NOT practicing Agile Marketing
- You will improve internal communication and eliminate internal conflict
- You will gain cutting-edge marketing skills
- Marketing will be fun again!
A Special Offer!
We’re extremely excited to offer this class in Minneapolis for the first time! With great feedback from hundreds of attendees around the country representing companies both large and small, we’re confident you will love this class. To help generate local word of mouth, we’re offering two special promotions:
- For a limited time, use discount code EARLY50 to get 50% off the list price
- The first person to register can use discount code FIRST80 to get 80% off the list price
Lastly, we’ve scheduled it for the week of Thanksgiving – we know that’s usually a “dead” week around the office. So why not use that time to learn some new skills that will help you get a jump on 2018?
This is the only Agile Marketing class registered with the Scrum Alliance – the largest, most established and influential professional membership and certification organization in the Agile community. They are a nonprofit association with more than 500,000 certified practitioners worldwide. If you are a Scrum Alliance member, this class counts as SEU credits.